Upheaver Witness Announcement
My name is Paulius Uža and today I'd like to propose myself as a candidate for Steem witness.
Instead of presenting the technical aspects of running a witness server in this setting, I'd like to talk about what we can do together, and hopefully inspire you to support my vision for Steem and earn your witness vote.
Why should you vote for me?
- I am a technical witness, I can run my own server without relying on third party help to do so in order to effectively decentralize the Steem blockchain.
- I will be working on a roadmap of products and services to greatly enhance the Steem ecosystem and make it one of the top #10 blockchain projects in 2018 and 2019.
- I'm relentless - I've been working full-time on Steem projects for the last 9 months during the bear market and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- I have relevant experience and industry contacts to make a real and lasting impact as a witness and as a product / software developer.
- I have a broad skillset which spans over 12+ years, including full-stack development with a variety of languages (node.js, python, php, c#, go), UI, UX, databases, security and dev-ops. My references can be found on LinkedIn.
- Before joining Steem in late 2017, I was the CTO and team lead at of one of the largest Forex brokerages in Europe, and a co-founder of several tech companies.
- I actively invest into fintech, e-commerce and blockchain startups across EU and US, such as Nodesource and Stream to name a few.
- For the past 9 months I worked as Head of Development at BuildTeam where I designed and built projects like the new Steemvoter and QuickSteem.
- I created dsteem-fallback - a thin wrapper around dsteem with identical API and automated fallback support for production apps.
- I like to paint in my free time and I was recognized as one of the first artists worldwide to publish and sell their paintings on blockchain via Non Fungible Tokens (NFT), you can find them on ethereum network.
My plan for Steem Ecosystem
Steem has grown to be one of the most successful decentralized content platforms to date. Despite that it still has as relatively steep learning curve for developers who want to build on top of Steem ecosystem. There is also a lack of integration with the outside world (exchanges, 3rd party apps) and lack of utility for the native Steem blockchain assets outside Steem (e-commerce).
I will be working on several products and services which focus on these aspects:
- Improving ease of access to Steem for end users - easier account creation, better client side apps and wallet utilities, as well as easier access to purchase STEEM on external exchanges.
- Improving ease of access to Steem for developers - commercial grade infrastructure with lower barrier of entry (SaaS layer on top of Steem), better integration with existing services, better documentation and tools.
- Focus on Communities - products which enable communities to grow and thrive on Steem.
- Products for Investors - data and platforms tailored for larger institutional investors.
- Oracles, Smart Contracts and NFTs - applications making use of or enhancing native Steem blockchain functionality.
Let's work together!
I welcome everyone who would like to join me in creating the future of Steem and I ask for you to trust me with your vote.