My entry to the "Pay It Forward Curation Contest - Week 29"
The rules of this challenge are very simple: Feature 2 High Quality Original Content Blog Posts from Steemians with a reputation score of 55 or under.
Here's the preview of their latest artworks:
#1 - @marcocosta (42)
Marco Costa is a visual artist, born in Lima, Peru. He studied in the National School of Fine Arts... and from the looks of it, he studied and worked very well.
I've been following @marcocosta since he joined SteemIt last week and he's been posting a piece a day... all of which are very, very good.
The post I'm featuring is called Dibujando a Johnny Depp and it's a ultra-realistic portrait work of one of my favourite artists.
Amazing, isn't it...?
Keep up with the good work, @marcocosta! You are off to a very good start in SteemIt! If you keep publishing such fantastic pieces once a day, you'll reach a wider audience soon enough. 😉
#2 - @papersmell (51)
Hauke is not Portuguese, but currently he's living in my own country, Portugal. I've featured him as as bonus entry for the Week 21 of this Contest, 2 months ago.
I've decided to choose @papersmell again because, on that week, I have featured his introduction post, not his art. Thus, I'm taking the chance to showcase his work, now.
The post I'm featuring was written earlier today and it's called crazy lisbon trams.
Besides the above drawing, @papersmell's post includes a second similar drawing... and a truly spectacular "cartoony" scene representing Lisbon.
I opted not to include that full drawing here, as the goal of this contest is to make you wanna visit his entry. But I'll leave you with a tiny extract from that piece, just to tease you some more:
This drawing is absolutely phenomenal, @papersmell. I hope you find time to visit Porto and Vila do Conde, too. I'd love to see you paint a few scenes of these cities. 😳
# Final Thoughts
At the time I'm writing this, both posts are highly undervalued, with $0.41 and $.043 in rewards. Let's push this up, everyone!
@marcocosta reached a reputation of 41 in a single week. His posts are very well done, always showing the steps of his works along with a nice accompanying text.
There's nothing I can suggest to Marco and Hauke, other than "Keep on Rocking!"
Since I keep featuring new artists... I am starting to think about a way to incentive the artists I've featured so far to carry on. This is an Idea in Development, so keep an eye on my blog.
If you want to join the contest, here's more info about the "Pay It Forward" contest.
My previous participations are here:
- Week 3, featuring @lesploratore, @natashamoscow & @cebuvibes
- Week 5, featuring @sscrow, @nikonat & @alcidsmujica
- Week 6, featuring @neliacordeiro, @anomt & @gonzeto
- Week 7, featuring @aleisandel, @sentanu74 & @kothy
- Week 8, featuring @maryspace, @timmolloy & @viking-ventures
- Week 9, featuring @permanayogi, @teafp & @dustsweeper
- Week 10, featuring @abrahmatan & @itsdatneighbour
- Week 11, featuring @wgustaman & @blue-dragon
- Week 12, featuring @skinlovekin04 & @chriscomics
- Week 14, featuring @stahlberg & @daio
- Week 15, featuring @drowkeudrow & @christianyocte
- Week 16, featuring @escfrancis & @marzukie
- Week 17, featuring @artbynadine & @unyimeetuk
- Week 18, featuring @marya77 & @lady-idra
- Week 19, featuring @michellebonaroti and @connor-russo
- Week 20, featuring @maya525 and @stuffing
- Week 21, featuring @kryptik.tigrrr3d, @rebeca.just20 and @papersmell
- Week 22, featuring @vesteban and @haiyentree
- Week 23, featuring @adelair and @edanya
- Week 24, featuring @mushroomdreams and @sweettais
- Week 25, featuring @jeremyrfk and @armandosodano
- Week 27, featuring @spi.der and @maysi-art
- Week 28, featuring @hedenus and @helenelenoble
Edit: It doesn't feel right to me that my post is earning more than the posts of my featured bloggers combined. After all, these are their artworks, not mine. As such, as soon as this post pays out, I'll buy 2 SBI shares, one for each artist.
@trincowski signing out.