Volunteer Opportunity: The Marketing Committee
The marketing sub-committee supports the Steem ecosystem through launching new and strengthening existing marketing initiatives.
The key aims of the marketing committee are to:
- Create and action a marketing plan with consistent branding.
- Source vendors for promotional materials.
- Oversee all promotions.
- Organise conference representation and outreach opportunities.
- Create and staff an outreach program and/or other promotional programs as needed.
- Attend and actively participate at regular committee meetings held remotely.
- Collaborate with other Marketing Committee members to formulate a holistic marketing roadmap for the Steem ecosystem.
- Working with other Marketing Committee members, develop and execute marketing plans and promotional initiatives.
- Carry out all tasks in a proactive, professional and accountable manner.
- Report to the Committee Chair and fellow committee members on assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of and actively seek out marketing opportunities or developments.
- Minimum of 1 year in a marketing role or a relevant combination of education and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing campaign coordination including planning and execution.
- Sound understanding of marketing and advertising principles and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyse, follow-up and make independent decisions.
- Proven ability to set milestones and meet deadlines.
- Time and energy to contribute as a member and volunteer.
- Must not presently be blacklisted by the Steemcleaners or any reputable group in the Steem ecosystem.
- Minimum 6 month commitment is required.
- It is anticipated that 2 hours a week would be the standard workload.
This is a volunteer position with no reimbursement and is subject to strict ethical conduct requirements.
It is designed for individuals who have a marketing background and are willing and able to donate a portion of their time as volunteers.
Applicants will be selected on a competitive basis by the Board and appointments will be announced.
Please fill out the application form linked below. The valuation of your account or your affiliation with existing projects or groups in the Steem ecosystem will not be considered in the selection process. This is an equal opportunity volunteer position.
Selection closes on September 12th, 12PM EST.
Development + Investor Relations Coming Soon!
After we've started the process for getting a Marketing Committee together we will begin the process for getting a Development and Investor Relations Committee together. If you're interested in that please stay tuned!