Easy Fried Rice Recipe & Contest: Share A recipe | Win An Upvote Every Day For A Week!
What makes this fried rise so aromatic? Nope, it's not the garlic... it's the star anise! I got this idea from one of the street food I had in Thailand, they added star anise on the fried rice, how clever!
I made this dish when I wasn't on my low carb days and I want to share this simple recipe with you guys in case you are bored of eating plain rice. It smelled so good you'll be making it often!
Fried rice is very easy to make and it's very versatile, you can almost add anything to it as long as it's edible to eat. =D
The best rice to use for fried rice is leftover rice, you don't want a wet, mushy fried rice, I think you can't call it fried rice but rather a porage! =p
I use a wok to cook my fried rice, not only it's ideal to use for frying because of the roominess but it requires less oil because of its shape and the material is thin.
The thin strips of beef fillet are marinated with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. It's a simple marinate but you get the best flavor out just from the two ingredients. Then, cook for 30 seconds on each side on extremely hot cast- iron pan, just like that!
The cucumbers on the side is a very good side dish after eating something salty. I was inspired during my travels to Thailand where most of the dishes I've had, they added cucumbers as a side dish. Plus, it adds vibrant color to the dish, so also added some tomatoes and fried egg just to be a little creative.
How to make the dish
1 cup cold cooked rice
1 table-cooking oil (I use peanut oil)
1 small beaten egg
bunch of scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use original Kikkoman soy sauce)
1 star anise (for aroma)
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat
- Add the rice and star anise. Stir until rice looks a little crispy, about 6 minutes (depends on the type of rice you have and the texture)
- Make a hole in the middle of the rice and pour the beaten egg, stirring it lightly until it cooks through.
- Add the scallions and stir well.
- Serve with any meat and best with a fried egg on top.
- Enjoy! ;)
Contest: Share a recipe & get a chance to win an upvote every day for a week! (Vote depends on the quality of the content)
- One entry per steemian.
- Paste the link of your recipe under comment box (eligible entry: only content that has been created before the payout date of your post)
- Tag another Steemian who might he interested in joining the contest
- Resteem this post
Check Count Down to know when contest ends.
Stay tuned for more recipes!
More Recipes For You: