Sailing in Southern Sweden
A tidy sloop motors past cottages and the Grand Hotel Mölle on the hill above
Boats and Sailors in Mölle
It was good to be in a small harbor full of sailboats instead of the large commercial ports of Oslo orGothenburg. The sun seemed out to stay and brisk boat traffic gave the little port a lively feel. So many Danish sloops arrived that everyone had to get creative about mooring.
I soon realized there were only a few places to eat in town. Besides my hotel and a two smaller places in the harbor, there was only the imposing Grand Hotel Mölle up on the hill. I reminded myself that I had chosen this place to write and relax. I had in mind to make some progress on my novel and make use of the research I had done in Svalbard. Writing would have to make way for photography in such a scenic place with such great light.
A Danish mermaid comes ashore in Sweden
The Valkyrien, a gaff-rigged ketch
The Valkyrien leaving port under power and two red foresails
The Valkyrien silhouetted against a dark sea
The tiny balcony outside my room proved the perfect vantage point for shooting the harbor. I'm not a huge fan of sunsets but who was I to argue with this one?
The harbor at sunset
Did you see my Scandinavian travel posts?
- Swedish Architecture
- Mölle Swedish Gem by the Sea
- Floating Maritime Museum in Gothenburg
- The Streets and Roofs of Gothenburg
- Viking Loot - Museum of Gothenburg
- Sweden's Second City with a Second Name
Norway & Svalbard
- A Fountain and Many Buildings in Oslo
- Oslo Photo Gallery Part 2
- Oslo Photo Gallery Part 1
- Risen Ships of the Norse - Oslo
- Winning the South Pole – Oslo
- Urban Iceberg - Oslo
- Svalbard - A Short Visit to Longyear Town
All of the content is original and the photos were taken by me.
I was traveling light. These images were taken with a small Samsung point-and-shoot camera or smartphone!