Arabic Translation of FreeCAD (Part 7) (709 words)
634 months agoBusy4 min read
- FreeCAD is like a swiss Army knife when it comes to engineering toolkits. Thanks to its open source nature it can be used by anyone to create product designs, mechanical engineering and architecture objects.
- A variety of its features are used today by a wide range of students and teachers. It is capable of delivering 3D real-life objects taking advantage from the parametric modeling feature which can be used to easily modify a design with the possibility to go back in history and change some of its parameters.
- Unlike its direct competitor on the market: AutoCAD, which has an annual subscription of more than a 1000$ which is impossible for normal students in my country to pay. FreeCAD can come to the rescue by providing a complete engineering toolkit for free.
- So, from now on it will be my life mission to provide a proper and accurate translation of this wonderful gift.
- This is my seventh contribution to the FreeCAD open source project.
- As i have already already mentioned, this project is getting harder by the day. however, i have managed to find ways to overcome those difficulties either by using Github repositories as i had explained in this tutorial or by emerging into the software and the official FreeCAD documentation.
- One thing that i have found quite rare, is that some strings contains an explanatory text that doesn't exist in the official documentation. the thing that got me to ask if that text is really written by the project devs, because in some cases that text is a little bit different from what i understood browsing into the documentation.
- In fact, some of those texts, does contain a translation into my language, but i have found myself in most of the times providing a different translation 😂😂😂.
In this session:
- This 700 words contributions took me 4 days to finalize, back in my days i used to make a +1000 words contribution every single day. but now, with the level of complexity of this project and with me getting back to work, my running pace has slowed a little 😏.
- However, now i am more dedicated to provide a clean and accurate work for this project because i had sensed its true value to the Arabic community and i just hope that the project owners will give the proofreading permission to our moderator because it will make things much more easier for us to make the translation live in the future, because since i have joined davinci translators i worked on 4 different projects and none of them went live. and this thing got me discouraged a little bit, i know that i'm getting paid from utopian but not everything is about money. because, i do have a real job with real money. do i love it ?and i make something valuable for other? Hell, no.
- The FreeCAD project is written in a professional english related to the engineering field. my task during this period is to provide an Arabic translation and i'm capable of that simply because i'm an Arabic native speaker.
- Total words count: 31 770 words.
- Total words translated in this part: 739 words.
- Number of untranslated words in this part: 30 words.
- Time frame: from September the 5th to September the 8th : Proof.
- General progress: 43%.
- Final count: 709 words.
Proof of Authorship :
- A big hug for the @utopian-io and @davinci.witness teams for making this kind of contributions comes to light.
- A big thanks to the Arabic team for their continuous support and assistance.
- And thanks for @robertbira for providing an answer about the explanatory text issue.