Recipe For My Delicious Lemon Meringue Pie - And Whole Lot Of Other Lemon Ideas! - Join Steemit and share your expertise :)
Take A Look At My Delicious Lemon Meringue Pie - So easy to rustle up for friends or family for lunch!
This pie does not last long around our kitchen..eaten in a flurry :)
1 x 225 mm baked biscuit shell (Tennis Biscuits)
3 eggs separated
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons of melted margarine or butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Method for Shell
Crush biscuits finely with a rolling pin. Add the melted margarine or butter and the cinnamon. Press evenly on bottom and up the sides of a greased baking dish. Bake blind for fifteen minutes at 175 degrees C before putting in the filling.
Remove from oven and cool.
Method for Pie Filling
Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon coloured. Fold in the condensed milk, lemon rind and juice and then pour into baked biscuit shell. Beat egg whites and add sugar gradually until it peaks. Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and beat again for extra thickness. Spread meringue topping lightly over pie filling using the back of a spoon to form peaks.
Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and filling set.
Remove from oven and cool before serving.
Lemons are so versatile and can be used in numerous ways, from fresh to cooked. The rind also add to flavour, when used in cakes or biscuits.
- A freshly squeezed lemon in a jug of iced water is so refreshing on a hot day. A sprig of mint can also add to the fresh appeal. To cut calories and for health, I try not to add sugar.
- Love lemon meringue pie
- A lemon slice cut cut half way , but not right through, can be twisted and used as a garnish. This gives a butterfly effect.
- Lemon juice squeezed over fresh oysters with a twist of ground pepper is very popular.
- Lemon juice is always used to stop browning and oxidation on avocado pears and bananas.
- I always chew on a very tiny piece of rind to freshen breath.
- Lemon juice is an old trick to lighten hair in the sun. When I put the wrong hair colour on once, and it came out too dark, I squeezed lemon juice over it and it came out a shade lighter. Left it on for about half an hour.
- Lemon juice is a must with fried or grilled fish. Love the combination of tartar sauce, garlic and of course the lemon.
- Lemon juice squeezed int final rinse water makes your glasses shine beautifully.
- Love an arrangement of lemons in a bowl to freshen the air with that slight citrus aroma.
Credit - My own recipe remake, blog and art-photography
Some contests for all to try!
@deemarshall - Art Contests
@ran.koree - Drawing contest
@mariannewest's 'Five Minute Freewrite' daily post
@kalemandra - Daily colour challenges
@steempampanga - DOODLETRENDS
@organduo - Pinky and Spiky drawing contest
Enjoy your Sunday
God Bless :)